Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mom got this recipe for daddy from a local dietician. I never thought he would go for this dish, but he loves it and so do I. The hint of sour lime along with the sweetness of the peach salsa make a great combination.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 catfish fillets
Easy Peach Salsa
- 2 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt margarine.
- Stir in lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place fillets in an ungreased shallow baking dish,
- Generously brush each fillet with the lime butter sauce.
- Broil for 5-8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove to a warm serving dish spoon pan juices over each fillet.
- Top with peach salsa. Garnish with lime slices.
- In medium bowl stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.