Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Donna Hay's Off the Shelf, Light and tasty lunch or supper dish.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rump steak
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 8 spring onions, sliced (scallions)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 4 lime wedges
- 150 g thin dried rice noodles
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 100 g lettuce leaves
- heat the oil in a fry pan or wok over high heat.
- add beef in 2 batches and fry for 4-5 mins until well sealed, set aside.
- add chilli sauce, lime juice, spring onions and lime leaves to pan, cook for 4 mins and pour over the beef.
- to make the salad place the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 mins or until tender. drain and rinse under cold water.
- combine with the cucumber, celery and lettuce and place on serving plates, top with the beef mixture and serve with the lime wedges.