Even if your cookie cache is already full,you have to stuff in a batch of lime bars. Shortcake crust is tender and buttery-good. The topping has a delicate lime essence that is much more refined than lemon bars.
- In bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar; cut in butter.
- Press into 13x9" pan.
- Bake 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs on high till pale yellow.
- Gradually add sugar and salt and lime juice.
- Continue beating on high.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar. Cool and cut into bars.
- Makes 4 1/2 dozen.
- NOTE- You may add 2 drops of green food coloring to egg mixture for that lime green color -- .