Recipe by Tebo
This is a very simple, unique and tasty dessert. Has a Thai type flaavour to it. It can be prepared ahead in bulk then warmed in the microwave then dished out into individual servings.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Wow! I can only speak for myself, but this it my favorite dessert ever. I would choose it over any cake, or cookies in a heart beat. I'm on my to the supermarket to get some more bananas for tonight...Thank you soooo much!
- 4 firm bananas, peeled,cut in half crosswise then cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- toasted coconut (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add bananas and fry over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar over top.
- Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves and becomes a syrup, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange bananas on 4 individual plates.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime over each serving.
- Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.
- Serve while warm.