Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very simple, unique and tasty dessert. Has a Thai type flaavour to it. It can be prepared ahead in bulk then warmed in the microwave then dished out into individual servings.
- 4 firm bananas, peeled,cut in half crosswise then cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- toasted coconut (to garnish) (optional)
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add bananas and fry over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar over top.
- Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves and becomes a syrup, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange bananas on 4 individual plates.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime over each serving.
- Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.
- Serve while warm.
Wow! I can only speak for myself, but this it my favorite dessert ever. I would choose it over any cake, or cookies in a heart beat. I'm on my to the supermarket to get some more bananas for tonight...Thank you soooo much!
LOVE IT! So easy, fast and with simple ingredients. It's like a healthier version on bananas foster, sans ice cream. I am making another batch right now. THANK YOU.
Can a dessert be any more healthy, quick, cheap AND delicious! This was an instant classic at our house. DH and our roomate said they wanted to have it again! Thank you so much for posting this recipe, we'll be making it again and again I am sure.