Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The lime is a refreshing change - with a garlic kick! From Gourmet magazine December 1999. I have made this many times and had great response to it. People who don't like the Buffalo wings enjoy these, and the spice loving wing fans just ask for more!
- 3628.73 g chicken wings
- 236.59 ml fresh lime juice (8-10 limes)
- 236.59 ml apricot preserves
- 236.59 ml soy sauce
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 4 clove garlic (more is better)
- NOTE: these are sort of sticky and messy to make; disposable roasting pans work great
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Divide the wings among the two pans, arranging in a single layer.
- Puree the remaining ingredients in a blender and pour half over each pan of wings.
- Bake wings in upper and lower thirds of the oven for 50 minutes.
- Turn the wings and switch positions of the pans in the oven, then bake 45 minutes more, until liquid is thick and sticky.
I cut the recipe in 1/4. I used 2 lbs of chicken wings and....1/2 lb pollock fillet in two pieces. I used one full teaspoon of fresh minced garlic, so I really didn't cut the garlic by 1/4. I also sprayed Pam in the pan, less mess. I didn't puree,just heated until the apricot preserves blended with the lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Absolutely delicious! So was the fish! I did not cook as long as it said, I didn't want the wings to become hard on the edges or have the fish overcooked. I will make again! Thanks for posting!
Awesome flavor combination--loved the sweet and tart together. I used three boneless skin-on breasts (cut in chunks) and halved the sauce. Since it cooked in about a third the time (I also cranked it to 450), the sauce didn't have a chance to thicken much, but it totally penetrated the meat and we spooned on the rest. I went out and bought wings today just so I could use up the leftover cup of sauce (I only used half) and use the slow-cook method. I will definitely add more garlic (used 5 small cloves), but it was wonderful as is. I greased my baking pan and that did the trick. I served it with mashed sweet potatoes and it went perfectly. Thanks for posting this easy and delicious recipe!