Recipe by Barb Tuohey
The lime is a refreshing change - with a garlic kick! From Gourmet magazine December 1999. I have made this many times and had great response to it. People who don't like the Buffalo wings enjoy these, and the spice loving wing fans just ask for more!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I cut the recipe in 1/4. I used 2 lbs of chicken wings and....1/2 lb pollock fillet in two pieces. I used one full teaspoon of fresh minced garlic, so I really didn't cut the garlic by 1/4. I also sprayed Pam in the pan, less mess. I didn't puree,just heated until the apricot preserves blended with the lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Absolutely delicious! So was the fish! I did not cook as long as it said, I didn't want the wings to become hard on the edges or have the fish overcooked. I will make again! Thanks for posting!
- 8 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (8-10 limes)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 cloves garlic (more is better)
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: these are sort of sticky and messy to make; disposable roasting pans work great
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Divide the wings among the two pans, arranging in a single layer.
- Puree the remaining ingredients in a blender and pour half over each pan of wings.
- Bake wings in upper and lower thirds of the oven for 50 minutes.
- Turn the wings and switch positions of the pans in the oven, then bake 45 minutes more, until liquid is thick and sticky.