Recipe by Marie
A wonderful no bake dessert made easy with a prepared Angel Food cake, jello, cream cheese and Cool Whip. Yum! Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 angel food cake, cut into squares
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and refrigerate until it just begins to thicken.
- Place cake slices in a 13x9 baking dish coated with non stick spray.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in sugar, lemon juice and rind.
- Add jello mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in 1 1/2 c Cool Whip and spread over cake, covering completely.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve with remaining Cool Whip.