Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is such an old time recipe--always a fave for birthdays, young and old alike, because it's so light tasting after a big meal. I usually make it with lemon pie filling, but this tastes even better! I actually would rather make the angel food from a mix as opposed to homemade--it's one of those instances where I find packaged is superior!
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) packagesheriff lemon pie filling or 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package lime pie filling
- 1 baked angel food cake
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Prepare pie filling according to directions and chill.
- Slice cooled cake into 3 layers and spread half of the chilled filling between layers.
- Whip the cream and fold into the remaining pie filling.
- Spread mixture over top and sides of cake.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Made this for summer potluck and was a huge hit!! Perfect summer dessert! Sometimes I chop up the cake and layer ingredients for a trifle. Excellent this way as well!!
Fast easy , cool light, refreshing for this hot weather we are having. This dessert couldn't be simplier.