Recipe by SaraStar
This is originally a Betty Crocker recipe, from one of those little booklets you can get at the supermarket checkout. It's a refreshing twist on the old potato salad. Cook time does not include chill time.
Top Review by sallyh7671
I've made this many, many times and love it, especially in the heat of a Nebraska summer. It's light, fresh tasting and nice with just about any grilled meat/poultry/fish you choose. Don't stint on the zest!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough boiling salted water to cover for 10-12 minute or just until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a large bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime peel, lime juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the cooked potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
- To serve, if the salad seems too stiff after chilling, stir in a little milk to moisten. If desired, garnish with lime peel and additional fresh thyme.