Recipe by mandabears
From America's Best Recipes 1996. Easy and very good. Toast the sesame seeds in your microwave in a shallow bowl on High for 2-3 minutes. Watch to make sure that they do not burn.
- 2 Cornish hens, split in half
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- toasted sesame seeds, Lime Wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place hens, breast side down in a large shallow glass dish, I use a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Combine soy sauce, vegetable oil, garlic, sesame seeds, brown sugar, ginger and lime juice until well blended.
- Pour marinade over hens.
- Cover and marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Turn occassionally or shake marinating bag.
- Remove hens from marinade.
- Reserve marinade and bring to a full boil in a small saucepan.
- Set aside.
- Place hens in a greased 13 x 9 pan breast side up.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Baste occasionally with marinade.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and lime wedges.