Make this pie the day before serving, so it can chill overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 ounces shelled pistachios
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1Grind 1/2 cup pistachios in a food processor and transfer to a small bowl and add cookie crumbs, sugar and butter and mix well.
- 2Press into a 9" pie pan evenly distributed.
- 3Bake in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle gelatin on top of the 2 tablespoons of lime juice and and let stand for 15 minutes or until softened.
- 5Beat the egg yolks and condensed milk in sauce pan until well blended.
- 6Beat in the remaining 1/2 cup of lime juice and the milk mixture.
- 7Heat over medium heat, beating constantly not to cook the eggs, for about 6 minutes; until warm to the touch.
- 8Remove from heat and add gelatin, lime peel and ginger.
- 9Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- 10Pour into prepared pie crust and refrigerate over night until set.
- 11Spread whipped cream over the pie and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime and Pistachio Pie
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 195.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: