Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make this pie the day before serving, so it can chill overnight.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces shelled pistachios
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Grind 1/2 cup pistachios in a food processor and transfer to a small bowl and add cookie crumbs, sugar and butter and mix well.
- Press into a 9" pie pan evenly distributed.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle gelatin on top of the 2 tablespoons of lime juice and and let stand for 15 minutes or until softened.
- Beat the egg yolks and condensed milk in sauce pan until well blended.
- Beat in the remaining 1/2 cup of lime juice and the milk mixture.
- Heat over medium heat, beating constantly not to cook the eggs, for about 6 minutes; until warm to the touch.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin, lime peel and ginger.
- Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and refrigerate over night until set.
- Spread whipped cream over the pie and sprinkle with remaining nuts.