Recipe by sassafrasnanc
A zippy potato salad that has South American roots. I changed this recipe to have a few less calories than the original recipe and I also used canned chipotle peppers with the sauce (cut back the amount if you don't like super spicy). It's really yummy and perfect for a hot summer night! Posted for ZWT4.
- 2 lbs new potatoes, small
- 2 mint sprigs, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 chili peppers, dried
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chili peppers in enough boiling water to cover for 30 minutes.
- In large pot boil potatoes, mint and 1/4 tsp salt until tender.
- While boiling, using a mortar or potato masher, crush garlic, chilies and coarse salt until it becomes a paste.
- Dressing: Add lime juice, zest, olive oil, mustard and lemon pepper.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over hot potatoes and coat well.
- Garnish with chives and cilantro leaves.