Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Christmas Eve Smorgasbord dish.
- 3 ounces lime gelatin
- 6 ounces lemon gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can bartlett pears
- 20 maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 pinch salt
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over lime gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Pour into ring mold, which has been rinsed in cold water, chill until firm.
- Pour two cups of boiling water over lemon gelatin and while still hot add cream cheese, juice of pears and salt. Stir until smooth. Cool and when the mixture begins to thicken add the pears, (which have been cut up in small pieces), cherries, and pineapple. Pour over the stiffened lime gelatin and refrigerate until completely set.
- Serve on crisp lettuce and water cress. fill center with mayonnaise which as been mixed with whipped cream.