Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When you have left over roast chicken this is a tasty and cool meal for one that's easily doubled if necessary.
- 200 g green beans, sliced into thin strips
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 mint leaves, minced
- 1 piece roast chicken
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped chives
- salt and black pepper
- Bring a medium sized saucepan of water to the boil.
- Drop the beans into the boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until the beans are just tender.
- Discard the chicken skin and any fat and tear bite-size pieces off the bone.
- Season the shredded chicken, with salt and pepper.
- Pour the lime juice into a bowl and whisk with olive oil until thick.
- Stir the beans into the dressing and then add the tomatoes, chicken, mint and chives.
- Toss and leave to sit for a few minutes, until the flavours meld together.
- Toss again and eat.
This was a fantastic salad. I loved it! The only thing I would change is less olive oil and lots more lime juice and mint as the lime wasn't that strong. I added some chopped red capsicum to mine also. Great!