Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This is from Southern Living a few years back. Garnish with toasted macadamia nuts, lime slices and whipped cream. Time to prepare does not include 4 hours chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lime rind
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 drop green liquid food coloring (optional)
- 1 drop yellow liquid food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Firmly press crumb mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees F for 7-9 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Whisk together eggs, grated lime rind and fresh lime juice in a non-aluminum saucepan over low heat. Add 1 cup sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter, and if desired food coloring; cook, whisking constantly for 8 minutes or until lime mixture is thickened and bubbly. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour filling into prepared crust; cover and chill for 4 hours or until set. Remove sides of tart pan and garnish if desired.