Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe started as a accompaniment to my mexican themed annual picnic. one of many picnic i hold tuesday evenings in a local park from may to september. this drink became so popular, its now requested at every gathering.
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 8 limes
- 1 liter carbonated lemonade
- place ice cubes, lime juice and frozen lemonade concentrate in a blender, and blend until ice is very fine.
- place this lemon slush in a freezer safe tray, cover and freeze for at least two hours.
- slice the 8 limes very thin, reserve a few for glasses and the top of the pitcher. put the remaining limes in a large pitcher.
- layer the slush over the sliced limes.
- just before serving add the carbonated lemonade.
This is a refreshing lemonade drink that really benefits nicely from the addition of the limes. And the frozen lime slush not only added extra lemon flavor but also helped to keep the entire pitcher cold much longer. I will definitely make this again. Thanks, zombiesgirl. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.