Recipe by A la Carte
from Bon Apetit. The dessert delivers great results with little effort.
Top Review by Amena
Turned out very good, the family loved it. Mine was a little grainy although I followed the recipe (increasing quantities to serve 8). I topped mine with raspberry coulis instead of zest which also went very well. I am not a fan of very sweet desserts and felt that the sugar was just right. Next time I will make it in shot glasses or 1/4 cup size servings as this went round 2 people to a 1/2 cup glass.
- 2 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream and 3/4 cup sugar to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly, adjusting heat as needed to prevent mixture from boiling over.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and lime juice and cool 10 minutes.
- Stir mixture again and divide among six 1/2-cup ramekins or custard cups.
- Cover and chill possets until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Mix remaining 1 teaspoon sugar, lemon peel, and lime peel in small bowl. Sprinkle on top of possets.