Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing summer drink, perfect for an evening with friends! (from The Herb Bible)
Make and share this Lime and Lemon Grass Cooler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg white, to dip glass rims
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons superfine sugar, for rim dip
- 2 limes, peeled & each cut into 8
- 1 stalk lemongrass, coursley chopped
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 4 ice cubes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 lime slices
- soda water, to top up
- Pour egg white into one saucer and the superfine sugar (2 1/2 Tbl) into another saucer.
- Frost the glass rims by dipping each glass briefly into the egg white, then into the sugar.
- Place teh lime pieces and the lemongrass in a food processor along with the 3Tbl sugar and crushed ice.
- Add the water and process a few seconds but NOT until completely smooth.
- Strain the mixture into the frosted glasses.
- Add a slice of lime to each glass.
- Top up with soda water to taste & serve at once.
- *Pierce the lime slice onto a stick of lemongrass for a party stir stick!