Recipe by logan
We got this recipe from a Rachael Ray cookbook and thought it was great.
Top Review by Irmgard
Delicious! I made the full amount of salad but only two salmon fillets as there is only the two of us. I'll be on the look out now for fresh salmon so that we can finish the leftover salad!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 red bell pepper (cored seeded and chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn (defrosted)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 limes (juiced)
Directions See How It's Made
- *black bean corn salad.
- Preheat medium to large skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and corn and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken stock and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add black beans and cook until beans are just heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat and add juice of 1 lime, cilantro and spinach.
- Toss to wilt spinach.
- *Lime and honey glazed salmon.
- Preheat a medium non-stick skillet over medium high heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- In shallow dish combine: juice of 1 lime, honey, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Add salmon fillets and toss to coat.
- Add salmon to hot skillet and cook until done (3-4 minutes each side).
- Serve salmon over bed of black bean corn salad.