Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted in reply to a request - I have not tried it but it sounds good, famous last words! Reader's Digest says - "This cool, creamy, lime dip is best with fresh fruit, such as strawberries, pineapple, papaya, kiwi and melons".
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace or 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- In a small bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat the cheese, yogurt, honey, milk, lime juice, vanilla, and nutmeg until creamy.
- Stir in the lime rind.
- Cover and refrigerate for a t least 1 hour, (will keep for 2 days).
- Serve the dip with an assortment of fresh fruits.
This is so good, thanks so much for sharing Derf. I love the addition of lime rind to the dip. I had to sube cream cheese and sour cream in place of neufshatel cheese and plain yogurt and used a combination of mace and nutmeg. This is a really wonderful dip, it was quick and easy to make, rich, creamy, tart, sweet and tangy. I served it with Red Anjou Pears, Ida red apples and banana chunks, this made a delicious lunch, but could easily double for dessert.