Recipe by Sharon123
Want baby smooth skin? Try this intoxicating skin exfoliant!
Top Review by Pets'R'us
One of my hobbies is making soaps and bath products. Had to make this when I saw the recipe. My elbows have rough skin and sometimes wearing a cardigan or jumper it can be very painful. I have used this on my elbows (and feet) for three days and my elbows have improved so much I can't believe it, I have tried many creams but they never made a difference. The ginger I grated, the first batch I made with sunflower oil but made a second as a gift for a friend and used olive oil, I tried some of that and when I make my next scrub it will be with olive oil. I also used the lime zest, not just because it looks nice but because it contains oil.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulverize 1/4 cup fresh ginger root in a blender; add 1/2 cup table salt.
- Mix in juice from 2 limes and 1/2 cup warmed vegetable oil to make a soft but gritty paste.
- Use to exfoliate hands, feet and rough spots such as elbows, massaging into skin with gentle circular motions.
- Rinse with warm water spiked with squirts of lime.
- This is best if used after a nice hot bath or shower.