Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Simple and very good salmon!! Marinating time 15 minutes. from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
Make and share this Lime and Ginger Grilled Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk together lime rind, lime juice, oil, ginger and jalapeno.
- Set aside a teaspoon of the mixture.
- Place salmon steaks in a dish just large enough to hold them.
- Pour remaining lime juice mixture over salmon and turn to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, turnig once (Do not marinate longer than 30 minutes or the salmon will go mushy).
- Preheat bbq to medium high and grease grill.
- Bbq salmon turning once, until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove to platter and spoon reserved lime juice mixture over salmon.
- Serve immediately.
- If you wish to broil salmon, place on a rack set over a pan.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning once, until salmon is cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
I tell ya, Derf the aroma of freshly grated lime and ginger just makes my mouth sing out for more, so I thought, "What's the difference?, a few more swipes on the grater won't upset anyone." The salmon smelled good enough to eat like "sashimi" I used very thick slices of salmon filet, personal preference), B'qued it for several minutes (until the skin peeled off easily) and then continued with the grilling for the allotted time, per suggestion on the recipe. Marinating was no problem, even with skin on. Salmon is a perennial favourite; I just love this recipe, Derf; and will certainly make it again, and yet again; thank you for posting. I served the salmon with your Grilled Summer Veggies, and finished dinner with your Grilled Glazed Bananas.... Excellent recipe(s) which were combined to create an excellent menu. Would I recommend this to my friends... Maybe not, I would rather prepare the salmon myself, and have my friends over to enjoy it with me. The lip smacking, and finger licking is my reward......
I loved this fast and delicious salmon recipe. I have broiled the salmon, because it was rainy, but the next time I will use the grill. I think the smoky flavor will make the salmon even better. Ginger and Jalapeno Pepper added their fresh and pepperiness flavors to the delicate flavor of salmon. The salmon was still firm and moist and flaked easily. The marinade did the rest to finish this wonderful fish recipe. I will do this recipe again. Thanks for sharing a keeper.
This is such a simple, yet wonderfully delicious recipe. The only thing I changed was to use olive oil i the place of the vegetable oil, and I also topped the salmon with some finely chopped tomatoes. I'll definitely be making this again and again.