Recipe by Derf
Simple and very good salmon!! Marinating time 15 minutes. from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
Top Review by TOOLBELT DIVA
I tell ya, Derf the aroma of freshly grated lime and ginger just makes my mouth sing out for more, so I thought, "What's the difference?, a few more swipes on the grater won't upset anyone." The salmon smelled good enough to eat like "sashimi" I used very thick slices of salmon filet, personal preference), B'qued it for several minutes (until the skin peeled off easily) and then continued with the grilling for the allotted time, per suggestion on the recipe. Marinating was no problem, even with skin on. Salmon is a perennial favourite; I just love this recipe, Derf; and will certainly make it again, and yet again; thank you for posting. I served the salmon with your Grilled Summer Veggies, and finished dinner with your Grilled Glazed Bananas.... Excellent recipe(s) which were combined to create an excellent menu. Would I recommend this to my friends... Maybe not, I would rather prepare the salmon myself, and have my friends over to enjoy it with me. The lip smacking, and finger licking is my reward......
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (Becel)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- Whisk together lime rind, lime juice, oil, ginger and jalapeno.
- Set aside a teaspoon of the mixture.
- Place salmon steaks in a dish just large enough to hold them.
- Pour remaining lime juice mixture over salmon and turn to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, turnig once (Do not marinate longer than 30 minutes or the salmon will go mushy).
- Preheat bbq to medium high and grease grill.
- Bbq salmon turning once, until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove to platter and spoon reserved lime juice mixture over salmon.
- Serve immediately.
- If you wish to broil salmon, place on a rack set over a pan.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning once, until salmon is cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.