1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My favourite flavours combine to make this succulent and healthy fish dish. Perfect for BBQs when you want something other than steak and sausages.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh ginger
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 firm white fish fillets
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- fresh herb (I suggest cilantro)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- 1Combine the oil, ginger, spring onions, garlic, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, lime rind and juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- 2Place fish fillets in a single layer in a large shallow dish.
- 3Pour the ginger mixture over the fish.
- 4Cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- 5Place each fish fillet onto a piece of lightly oiled foil.
- 6Top each one with some of the ginger mixture from the dish and some lime leaves.
- 7Fold in the edges of the foil and enclose fish well.
- 8Cook the packets on a grill or BBQ for about 15 minutes or until cooked through (cooking time will depend on the heat of your grill and thickness of fish).
- 9Open the top of each packet and sprinkle with herbs and garnish with a lime wedge.
- 10Goes well with stir-fried Asian vegetables and rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime and Ginger Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 532.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves