Recipe by dale!
My favourite flavours combine to make this succulent and healthy fish dish. Perfect for BBQs when you want something other than steak and sausages.
Top Review by Ninna
A very nice way to cook fish Dale. I chose salmon fillets and although I didn't change the ingredients in any way, I did cook the salmon in a pan, with a lid, on the cooktop instead of on the bbq (grill). It took 16 mins on med. heat as salmon is quite thick. Thanks for a lovely recipe Dale.
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh ginger
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 firm white fish fillets
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- fresh herb (I suggest cilantro)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil, ginger, spring onions, garlic, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, lime rind and juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place fish fillets in a single layer in a large shallow dish.
- Pour the ginger mixture over the fish.
- Cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Place each fish fillet onto a piece of lightly oiled foil.
- Top each one with some of the ginger mixture from the dish and some lime leaves.
- Fold in the edges of the foil and enclose fish well.
- Cook the packets on a grill or BBQ for about 15 minutes or until cooked through (cooking time will depend on the heat of your grill and thickness of fish).
- Open the top of each packet and sprinkle with herbs and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Goes well with stir-fried Asian vegetables and rice.