Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favourite flavours combine to make this succulent and healthy fish dish. Perfect for BBQs when you want something other than steak and sausages.
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh ginger
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 firm white fish fillets
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- fresh herb (I suggest cilantro)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- Combine the oil, ginger, spring onions, garlic, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, lime rind and juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place fish fillets in a single layer in a large shallow dish.
- Pour the ginger mixture over the fish.
- Cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Place each fish fillet onto a piece of lightly oiled foil.
- Top each one with some of the ginger mixture from the dish and some lime leaves.
- Fold in the edges of the foil and enclose fish well.
- Cook the packets on a grill or BBQ for about 15 minutes or until cooked through (cooking time will depend on the heat of your grill and thickness of fish).
- Open the top of each packet and sprinkle with herbs and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Goes well with stir-fried Asian vegetables and rice.
A very nice way to cook fish Dale. I chose salmon fillets and although I didn't change the ingredients in any way, I did cook the salmon in a pan, with a lid, on the cooktop instead of on the bbq (grill). It took 16 mins on med. heat as salmon is quite thick. Thanks for a lovely recipe Dale.
If you like ginger and lime then you must try this fish. What an amazing flavour. I used 3 large pieces of fish and followed the recipe exactally using all of the ginger mixture to cover the fish before I cooked. I served the fish sitting on a bed of rice. Quick and easy with extremely tasty results. Will make again and again. Thanks Dale!