Lime and Ginger Fish Burgers
- Zest and juice the lime and set aside. Combine fish and half of the lime juice in a medium bowl; Squeeze half of the ginger between 2 dessertspoons allowing the juices to fall into the bowl with the lime juice; set aside.
- Arrange 3 shallow bowls on the bench and place flour, salt and pepper in one. The lightly beaten eggs and Tabasco in the 2nd one and the breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- Dip fish fillets into the flour mixture, then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumb mixture, ensuring they are completely coated in all 3 layers.
- Heat peanut oil in a large frying pan and cook crumbed fish fillets 45 seconds each side or until just cooked through; drain on absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, the juice from the remaining ginger, the remaining lime juice and zest and a little more Tabasco in a small bowl.
- Spread mayo over the cut sides of each damper roll. Top with salad leaves and finally with 3-4 cooked fish fillets. Drizzle the fish with a little sweet chilli sauce. Squeeze over more lime juice if desired and eat immediately.