1/1 Photo of Lime and Ginger Bran Muffins
Moist bran muffins with grown-up flavours! They are a real treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup ginger (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups natural bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Combine ginger, 2 tbsp of lime & 1/4 of sugar in a small pot.
- 3Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved & mixture is hot.
- 4Remove from heat and cool.
- 5Stir in lime zest (wait until it's cool, or else the zest will cook and you will lose the bright green colour).
- 6Whisk butter with remaining 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.
- 7Whisk in eggs and buttermilk until blended.
- 8Combine bran, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
- 9Stir in buttermilk mixture - Do not overmix.
- 10Spoon batter into 12 large well-greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- 11Fill to about 3/4 full.
- 12Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 13GLAZE: Prepare glaze by combining sugar, water and lime juice in a small pot.
- 14Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 1 minute.
- 15Prick hot muffins several times with a toothpick or skewer and brush muffin with glaze.
- 16Cool in pan on a rack.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime and Ginger Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 439.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: