Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb shrimp
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together lime juice, marmalade, garlic, cilantro, 3 tablespoons of oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Reserve 1/3 cup of marinade in a small bowl for dipping.
- Put shrimp in a large ziplock bag and cover with the remaining marinade.
- Refridgerate for about 45 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and lightly pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over moderately high heat, heat 1 and 1/2 teaspoons oil.
- Saute 1/2 the shrimp.
- Repeat with remaining 1 and 1/2 teaspoons oil and shrimp.
- Serve with reserved dipping sauce.
a super recipe. 10 stars if i could. I cut it in half and regret it now, i want to eat more :D Made for zwt5
Great dish. Great flavors. I didn't leave it in the fridge for the whole 45 minutes since we were all hungry and couldn't wait that long :) But the flavor of the shrimp was still good. Made for zwt5
Love the flavours. I have one suggestion. Shorten the marinating time to about 15 minutes. Over the longer period, the lime in the marinade sort of 'cooked' the shrimp, so that it toughened up quickly during the stir-frying. Not bad, but too chewy. Made for Zaar World Tour.