1/1 Photo of Lime and Cilantro Chicken
This is some seriously tasty chicken! We have used it as a main dish itself or on top of a yummy fresh salad. My girlfriend has used it in tacos and enchiladas. Don't skip the pounding part as it makes the chicken cook evenly and you don't have to "burn" the chicken to get the thick parts cooked. Preparation time includes minimum marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness (about 1/2 in) and place in a shallow baking pan. (plastic or glass-not metal) Can use a high qualtiy closeable bag (ziploc).
- 2In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Pour over chicken and turn pieces to coat evenly.
- 4Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- 5After marinating, lay chicken on a grill over medium heat ( you can hold your hand over the only 4-5 seconds) and cook turning once, until no longer pink in the center.about six minutes per side.
- 6Let sit 5 minutes before serving to distribute juices through the meat.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime and Cilantro Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 369.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 27.6 g