Recipe by QueenJellyBean
This is some seriously tasty chicken! We have used it as a main dish itself or on top of a yummy fresh salad. My girlfriend has used it in tacos and enchiladas. Don't skip the pounding part as it makes the chicken cook evenly and you don't have to "burn" the chicken to get the thick parts cooked. Preparation time includes minimum marinade time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness (about 1/2 in) and place in a shallow baking pan. (plastic or glass-not metal) Can use a high qualtiy closeable bag (ziploc).
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken and turn pieces to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- After marinating, lay chicken on a grill over medium heat ( you can hold your hand over the only 4-5 seconds) and cook turning once, until no longer pink in the center.about six minutes per side.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving to distribute juices through the meat.