Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simply delicious summery noodle salad. Prep time does not include marinating.
Make and share this Lime and Chicken Noodle Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 150 g dried thin rice noodles
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar or 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts.
- Combine the lime rind, lemon grass, ginger and garlic in a bowl.
- Add the chicken and mix well so that the chicken is coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cook chicken, in batches, in a pan or on the grill until browned and cooked through.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover them with boiling water.
- Let them soak until the noodles are just tender then drain immediately, this should only take a couple of minutes.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Combine chicken with the noodles, red pepper, cucumber and dressing in a large bowl and toss together to combine and coat in dressing.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro leaves if you desire.
Really yummy dish! My family loved this one and it is so easy to make. Definitely a favourite!