Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simply delicious summery noodle salad. Prep time does not include marinating.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 150 g dried thin rice noodles
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar or 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts.
- Combine the lime rind, lemon grass, ginger and garlic in a bowl.
- Add the chicken and mix well so that the chicken is coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cook chicken, in batches, in a pan or on the grill until browned and cooked through.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover them with boiling water.
- Let them soak until the noodles are just tender then drain immediately, this should only take a couple of minutes.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Combine chicken with the noodles, red pepper, cucumber and dressing in a large bowl and toss together to combine and coat in dressing.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro leaves if you desire.
Really yummy dish! My family loved this one and it is so easy to make. Definitely a favourite!