Recipe by Abby Girl
It sounds like a weird combination....but it actually works really well! I served this over butter lettuce, cherry tomatoes and avocado....which we all devoured!!! The egg yolk will thicken the dressing. Directions are included on how to pasteurize the egg.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, sugar, black pepper and salt in blender and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the egg yolk and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
- Note: If you are not comfortable eating raw eggs, you must first pasteurize the egg. Heat 1 yolk in 1/4 cup of liquid from the recipe, and 1/2 sugar over very low heat in a small skillet, stirring constantly. At the first sign of thickening, remove the pan from the heat, keep stirring, and immediately dip the pan bottom into a larger pan of cold water to stop the cooking.