Recipe by Missy Wombat
This shortbread recipe is exquisite and very subtle. I always get asked for the recipe whenever I make it. I found it in Gerhard Jenne's book on decorating cookies in the form of a Lemon Almond Shortbread. Lime is even more delicious.
Top Review by ERguy
The batter for this cookie was very heavy and sticky and inpossible to roll out as directed. I had to put it on a sheet pan in one big blob and flatten it out with my hands, pizza dough style. I even used a metric scale to weigh out all the ingredients, so I was able to follow the recipe exactly. I doubled the lime zest and juice too, but still didnt get a very strong lime taste. I needed to bake these an extra 5 minutes too (probably since I had a big flat cookie and not individual ones). The cookies tasted \
- 125 g caster sugar
- 250 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 300 g flour, sifted
- 125 g almonds, ground
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
- Add the yolk and continue to mix well.
- Add the sifted flour and the almond meal.
- Add the lime.
- Beat well.
- Roll out on clean surface and cut into pieces.
- Place on cold greased tray or tray with baking paper.
- Prick shortbread.
- Bake at 180 deg C/350 deg F for 12-15 minutes.