- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fennel, cut in strips (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups spinach leaves, washed thoroughly
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water approximately 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add the beans and stock to the onions, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and pepper. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.