Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food from America's heartland. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 small onions, peeled and minced
- 4 potatoes, pared and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups lima beans, cooked (canned is fine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- boiling water
- 2 cups medium white sauce
- Dice bacon and place in a kettle.
- Add onion and cook until golden.
- Add potatoes, carrots, Lima beans and salt; cover with boiling water.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add white sauce, heat and serve.