Recipe by Sharon123
This is a creamy, cheesy, comforting dish.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
This recipe was made on 2/27/11 for the "Sides "event in the Food Photo Forum.A 12 ounce bag of frozen limas was all that was on hand so that's what was used. So with that being said here are the changes, instead of using celery salt celery powder was used.Also, I just used regular S & P to taste,2 Tablespoons of margarine, and just a small amount of evaporated milk. Since we both like cheese the full amount was used ( in fact, a bit more was added after plating ;))We've always liked lima beans, but after tasting this recipe we like them alot more than we did before.Thank you for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 lbs fresh lima beans, shelled or 1 (20 ounce) box frozen lima beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated American cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans, covered, in 1 inch of boiling salted water for 20 to 30 minutes; drain.
- Or, cook frozen beans as directed on the label;drain.
- Mix beans with remaining ingredients.
- Put in 1-quart casserole and bake in preheated moderate oven (350°F) for 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Makes 4 servings.