1/3 Photos of Lima Beans With Bacon
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
I was trying to re-work my frozen lima beans into something I could entice the kids with and came up with this dish. It was so simple with its zesty sweet flavor, and the kids ate every bite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the lima beans according to package (about 10-12 minutes-I used pressure cooker for 5 minutes).
- 2While beans are cooking fry bacon in a medium frying pan on medium heat until crisp and drain.
- 3Add the red onion and cook additional 5 minutes.
- 4Add lima beans, salt, and pepper to pan.
- 5Sprinkle brown sugar and stir.
- 6Add a couple Tablespoons water for saucier texture.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lima Beans With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.9
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 116.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g