Recipe by BonnieZ
This recipe came to me by way of the February 2005 recipe adoption. I found the recipe to be very tasty and different way to prepare lima beans. I did make some minor changes and updated the directions and the result is a creamy sauce with very nice flavor. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen lima beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (low fat or fat free is fine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add lima beans to a sauce pan with 1 cup of water and simmer 10-15 minutes until tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sour cream, garlic powder, pimento, pepper and chives.
- Over low heat return the drained lima beans to the sauce pan and mix in the sourcream mixture.
- Gently stir until all ingredients are warmed through, being careful not to let the sour cream scorch.
- Garnish with additional chopped chives if desired.