Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I had some leftover red cabbage (leftover from boiled German red cabbage) and a extra ham hock. I love butter bean but threw this together with the lima bean, I was very surprised because it sounded yucky. I have posted this recipe on a couple of other sites but I'm starting to like this site the best.
- 1 lb lima beans (soaked over night)
- 8 cups water
- 2 ham hocks
- 5 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb smoked sausage (chopped) (optional)
- Mix all ingredients (except sausage and tomatoes) together in large pan .