Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a Turkish recipe for lima or broad beans. Hope you like them.
- 1 cup lima beans (canned or frozen, if frozen thaw) or 1 cup broad bean (canned or frozen, if frozen thaw)
- 5 -6 fresh green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 -4 cloves chopped garlic (depending how much garlic you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil at a medium to high heat.
- Then add green onions and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot, bring to a boil and simmer until beans are cooked.
- Let cool.
- You could eat them like that or add a yogurt-garlic sauce to it.
- My family just loves this dish.
- Serve with rice and you have a full meal!
- --------Yogurt Sauce----------.
- Combine all the ingredients into one bowl and mix well.
- Scoop and serve.
Awesome! Just like the dish I've had before (a girl I work with is from the Mid East). My husband even ate it!!! And didn't complain!
good recipe. i liked how the sweetness, tartness and garlic melded. very easy too.
This recipe was very tasty and i will definately use it on my vegitarian friends. Next time I won't use as much sugar as it was a personally a little sweet.