Recipe by ladypit
A low-fat vegetarian sandwich spread that I have never tried but always meant to! From Sarah Schlesinger's "500 Fat Free Recipes." The cook time is actually the chill time.
Top Review by allergychef
Amazing. I omitted the peppers (due to food allergies) and my kids aren't fond of red onions, so I just let each person add their own. It was great in a roll-up with spinach, cucumbers, and fresh tomatoes. I used frozen limas, and I did have to add a little bit of water to make it spreadable.
- 3 cups lima beans (cooked fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper