Recipe by slr0509
I have not tried this yet. I got this from the taste of home and tweaked it for core.
- 1 lb dried lima beans
- 1 lb lean turkey ham
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 5 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup cols water
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow the quick soak method on package of dried beans.
- Add ham and 2/12 qt of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add celery and carrots. Cover and simmer for 1 hr or until beans are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.