Recipe by MESSY BIRD
I can't eat baked beans with sugar and I developed this as an alternative to them.
- 1 lb dried baby lima beans or 1 lb regular size lima beans
- 1 (28 ounce) jar tomatoes
- 3 large onions, cut to size of 25 cent piece
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 4 stalks celery, cut up
- 1 -2 bell pepper, cut up
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- salt and pepper
- chili pepper, to taste and may be omitted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash beans. Add tomatoes, onion soup mix and enough water to cover beans if necessary.
- Simmer until beans are tender.
- Add the rest of ingredients and simmer or cook in pressure cooker until all is soft and tender.
- You may add ham, or smoked sausage or any other meat you like as an option.