Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
a bean pate to spread on crackers or grilled bread. easy to prepare.
- 1 lb frozen lima beans
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 2 red roasted sweet peppers
- 1 large garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- Cover lima beans with water, bring to boil and cook a few minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy duty pan with the garlic, rosemary and red peppers. bring to boil.
- Shut off heat.
- Carefully remove rosemary and pull off leaves, dicard stem and add leaves back into oil.
- Add the drained lima beans and let sit in the oil for 30 minutes or until cool.
- Puree mixture in batches in a blender until smooth. Season to taste.
- Place in serving bowls or crockes.
- Use as a spread for crackers, toasteds or grilled bread etc.
This is excellent--and I even cut the oil to 1/2 cup. It was yummy on crackers.