Recipe by Chef JenniB
I needed something unique to take to a cookout and wanted to keep it fresh and vegetarian. This is an original recipe (aka I just made it up :) ) But it turned out delish! This would be great as a lunch, side dish or snack - best served cold or room temperature. Enjoy!
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
Tasty and easy, we ate this as both a side to veggie burgers and for lunches. It kept well for a few days in the fridge. Only changes I made was to reduce the fat- used fat free feta and no oil. We loved the fresh herbs and garlic- yumm. Would probably use a red/purple onion next time. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen lima beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring lima beans and enough water to cover them to a boil and turn off immediately.
- Pour garbanzo beans/chickpeas into strainer, add lima beans and rinse both with cold water.
- Move beans to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients, stir to combine. Be sure beans are cold so you do not melt the cheese!
- NOTE: Herb measurements were taken prior to chopping--chopped measurements will vary.