Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Talk about exotic! Healthy and loaded with flavor. I pulled this off of the World Hearth Circle of International Cooking website (recipes.wuzzle.org) a year or two ago and just finally got around to making it; what a revelation! Some folks may find the amount of cayenne a little overwhelming and may want to cut back a tad, but that's a personal thing. Prep time does not include 1 hour of chilling prior to serving.
- 10 ounces frozen baby lima beans, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 ounces spinach, torn
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Toss beans with olive oil in salad bowl; set aside.
- In food processor, combine walnuts, garlic and vinegar until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover, chill 1 hour. Serve.