Recipe by jonesies
This makes a large batch (12 servings), so you may want to freeze some portions for later! Taken from the Betty Crocker Slow Cooker Cookbook.
Top Review by Scouter Girl
I'm a huge soup lover, and this recipe is top notch!! I sauted the onions, celery, and carrots in olive oil first for a little extra flavor. Easy and delicious...my huband loved it!
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried lima beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 cups water (I use 3 cups water, 3 cups broth, any kind works)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained