Gwanny Hill's Note:
One of my late mother's favorite side dish recipes. Pretty and colorful, and the taste is great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- breadcrumbs or crushed potato chips, for topping
- 1Cook lima beans and corn together, following package directions.
- 3Make sauce by melting margarine in sauce pan and adding the chopped spring onions.
- 4Blend in the flour, milk, salt and one cup of grated cheese.
- 5Cook until the sauce begins to thicken; add pimento and water chestnuts.
- 6Layer vegetables and sauce in greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, beginning with vegetables and ending with layer of sauce.
- 7Top with 1/2 cup grated cheese and bread crumbs or crushed potato chips, your preferance.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and casserole is bubbly around the edges.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lima Bean and Corn Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 608.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 13.7 g