Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A tasty, flavorful, hearty soup.
- 2 cups dried lima beans, soaked in water overnight
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,to taste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water or 1 1⁄2 quarts stock
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons salt-free lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 10 ounces cooked pasta (optional)
- In the morning drain beans, add new water to cover beans, and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add all the other ingrendents, mix and and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
This was really good! I used purple cabbage and cider vinegar, and it was delicious with a bit of fresh parmesan cheese. Awesome diet recipe, thanks!!!