Recipe by DENISE K
These are my family's very favorite brownies! You MUST have a convection oven to prepare them and they require several hours of refrigeration, but if you love a fudgy, decadent chocolate brownie I think you'll be very happy with the results of this recipe. They are spectacular!
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate (I prefer Hershey's)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a CONVECTION oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 11 x 9 inch pan with foil leaving a little overhand around the edges.
- Butter the foil.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring often and watching carefully just until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, and sugar in a large mixing bowl at the highest speed for 10 minutes.
- The mixture will be thick and increase in volume.
- Mix in the melted chocolate and butter mixture at a low speed until just blended.
- Add the flour and stir just until mixed.
- Turn the brownie mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies in the center of the convection oven just until a hard crust forms and the edges are very slightly browned, which is about 20 minutes.
- The batter in the center will seem undercooked.
- Let the brownies cool until they are room temperature.
- This is the hard part, refrigerate the brownies at least 6 hours or overnight.
- This is what gives them a great fudgy and crusty texture.
- Lift the brownies from the pan using the foil, then cut into 25 small squares.
- (They are very rich).