Recipe by Nurslinda
A co-worker gave me this recipe. Very quick and easy. Makes a great main course with a garden salad and garlic bread.
Top Review by adiadv1
I was craving cabbage rolls but I didn't have cabbage %u2013 just a can of sauerkraut. I substituted one 12 oz. can of V-8 for the water and tomato sauce and used beef bouillon instead of chicken, but only because I wanted to avoid a trip to the grocery. I also added all the juice from the sauerkraut. It sure hit the spot ... the hubby and I ate it all! Next time I'll plan ahead and add chunks of cabbage. Thanks for sharing this.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red paprika
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut (or less)
- 2 cups dry uncle ben's quick-cooking white rice (or 5 min. white rice)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground beef or ground turkey.
- Saute chopped onion in olive oil, add to meat.
- Add pepper, paprika, Instant Chicken Bouillon & Seasoning granules to onion/ground beef mix.
- Rinse sauerkraut in collander one time, drain.
- Add sauerkraut to mix, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add dry rice, tomato sauce, and water to mix.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook 15 minutes or until rice is done.