Recipe by MarieRynr
The BLT has to be everyone's most beloved of sandwiches, too often taken for granted. When all of the ingredients are perfect, the combination of taste and texture in a good BLT is hard to beat. The bacon must be wonderfully flavourful and served warm. This elegant miniaturization of an American classic makes a charming appetizer! Simple, yet delicious.
- white bread, toasted,cut into 12 one-inch squares,thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1⁄2 cup frisee
- 4 plum tomatoes or 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- baby chervil, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the toast squares on a board.
- Place a small dollop of mayonnaise on each.
- Place a small sprig of frisee on the mayonnaise, follow with a slice of tomato, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and finish with a piece of warm bacon.
- Garnish with a chervil leaf and serve.