Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The BLT has to be everyone's most beloved of sandwiches, too often taken for granted. When all of the ingredients are perfect, the combination of taste and texture in a good BLT is hard to beat. The bacon must be wonderfully flavourful and served warm. This elegant miniaturization of an American classic makes a charming appetizer! Simple, yet delicious.
- white bread, toasted,cut into 12 one-inch squares,thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1⁄2 cup frisee
- 4 plum tomatoes or 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- baby chervil, to garnish
- Lay the toast squares on a board.
- Place a small dollop of mayonnaise on each.
- Place a small sprig of frisee on the mayonnaise, follow with a slice of tomato, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and finish with a piece of warm bacon.
- Garnish with a chervil leaf and serve.